Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

Default Hum on Optimus STA-20

David Harmon writes:

On 15 Jan 2006 15:38:33 -0500 in sci.electronics.repair, Sam
Goldwasser wrote,
There's probably some other high-ESR caps but with no labeling on
the bottom of the PCB, it's a royal pain to locate the correct pads,
especially for smaller components.

Sometimes helps to put a bright light on the top side & find 'em in
the shadows.

Good point - thanks. Someday if what's left of the hum really bothers me
or gets worse, that should make locating the remaining electrolytics and
testing with an ESR meter relatively painless.