Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DVD home theater identification/calibration

Greetings,
I've got a Sony DAV-SR2 home theater receiver unit
(which has a slot-load dvd built in) that I'm having trouble with.
It's *extremely* sensitive to disc damage.....to the point where even a
slight smudge will cause it to skip/jump/pause etc. Just in the last
couple of days, it's started to exhibit this behaviour on perfectly
clean discs too. These discs (and even far more damaged ones) play
perfectly in both my other DVD players, so I'm wondering if there's a
way to re-calibrate this unit without having to take it in to be
serviced (for which there is currently a 2 week turnaround time where I
am). I've found several references to instructions for re-aligning the
laser in Sony DVD players, but they all refer to model numbers like
330, 550 etc. How do I know what model the DVD player in this unit is?
Are there instructions specifically for this unit somewhere on the
web? I've searched google and usenet to no avail

Thanks in advance,
MrBonk