Posted to rec.woodworking
CW

Default Newbie Questions

I have both. Square fits places that round won't go. It also seems that it
is easier to do edges and narrow surfaces without rounding them over with
the quarter sheet.
"Ranger Paul" wrote in message
Thanks Joe,

I guess I will give the 1/4 sheet sander to my son, he's starting to get

the
bug. At least if he gets it free he wont feel as stuipid as I do for

letting
the lower price steer my decision the first time, I could have afforded

the
random orbital then, it is only about 30 bucks more. Live and learn.

So.....if there isn't a situation where the 1/4 sheet sander will work

when
a random orbital wont, and I can't think of a thing myself, I'm going to
give it to my son. If for no other reason I can't see going back to

cutting
and mouting 1/4 sheets on that thing, I was an instant fan of the hook and
loop, even before I knew what it meant.

Thanks again Joe,

RangerPaul

"joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
yes, the sanded item is ready for finish if you use the corect
sandpaper, 150 grit usually does the trick. Hook and loop mean it is a
velcro type system. as far as the 1/4 sheet, well, i have one too,
sitting on the shelf doing nothing. just can't seem to chuck it.