Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Barney-Killer

Default OT - The Cost of Complacency

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 18:57:12 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:07:14 GMT, the renowned pyotr filipivich
wrote:

"Well, gawlee, look at all that target area!"

Them SOBs just took out the top Canadian diplomat leading the
reconstruction in the Khandahar area, and seriously wounded some
soldiers with a big car bomb (probably techniques transplanted from
Iraq).

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/world/060115/w011566.html

Then-ambassador Christopher Alexander was pretty optimistic about the
effort when I heard him back in mid-2004, but apparently the country
has enough weapons (heavy and light) for many months of high-intensity
conflict and a lifetime of low-intensity conflict. There isn't much
opportunity for an economy other than drug production (dried fruits is
one possibility). But Canada has been pouring hundreds of millions of
dollars directly into the Afghan economy directly paying salaries of
many of the Kabul city employees, using the RCMP to train police and
so on. I get the feeling that since many of the remaining US troops
are now withdrawing by the many thousands, things are about to get a
bit more sticky, as the bad guys think they have us on the run.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

LOL, evidently they still don't know not to **** with the Canadian
soldier.
We not only do "Hearts and Minds", we also seriously ruin the day of
anyone who pushes us too hard.
Now if only the bleeding heart liberals and the brain-dead UN would
let us have our way a bit more...

BK