Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
rigger

Default Coffeepot temperature

Joseph Gwinn wrote:
There were a number of postings on the tort suit McDonalds lost because
their coffee was too hot, at 180 degrees F, scalding a woman who tried
to hold the cup between her legs in the car.

We just got a brand new Krups coffeemaker, and I got curious, and
measured the coffee temperature. It's 180 degrees F, just like the
coffee books recommend.

Think someone will sue Krups?

Joe Gwinn

I doubt anyone will sue.

However, will you, now knowing the coffee is hot enough to quickly
scald, serve your grandmother a fresh, full, covered styrofoam cup?
When she's used to cooler coffee? Especially when you know the top of
the cup sticks? As she's getting into a car? And not warn her?

Only an asshole would do such a thing, right?

Is it different if it's not YOUR grandmother?

Is this understandable by the average, prudent person?

dennis
in nca