Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default "Dual drill" -- opinions? experience?

Leo Lichtman wrote:
"Jeff Wisnia" wrote: (clip) Just slip out the business part, flip it over
and snap it back in to change from a drill/countersink to a screwdriver
bit.
http://tinyurl.com/ct9s5 (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jeff, I went to that link, and evidently Sears is closing them out at a
reduced price, so, based on your recommendation, I ordered one.

I think you'll like it. It has that quality feel to it I used to get on
most all Craftsman tools.

The drill bits are replaceable. if you snap one, they slide into bores
in the countersink cutters and are retained with a setscrew. The drill
bits which come with the set have a long flat on their shanks for the
setscrew to bottom against and thus let you adjust the amount they
project beyond the countersink. I found it pretty easy to grind workable
flats onto standard drill shanks when I need a replacement..

And a real user friendly feature is the allen wrench for those setscrews
sunk into the end of the tool shank which goes in the the drill chuck.
So, you always know where it is.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia