Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default OT - The Cost of Complacency

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner writes on Sun, 15 Jan 2006
17:46:38 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 05:50:39 GMT, "John Chase"
wrote:

"Barney-Killer" wrote :

[snip ]
No, you just out-sourced it to us Canadians, where, I might add, for
what it is worth, one of our snipers beat Carlos Hathcock's record...
:=)

Which record: Total kills? or the head shot through his opponent's rifle
scope?

-jc-

Distance. The Canadians wacked a dude at 2,430 metres
Hathcocks record was 2,250 meters

Both used .50 BMG rounds, though Hathcocks was single shot via a
fairly worn MaDuce..and the Canadians used a McMillian target rifle.

a ballistics tidbit of interest...

"the round had a flight time of four seconds, and a drop of 44.5 m
(146 ft)" at that range.

More than enough time to squeeze off, fart, and light up a smoke
before the target got his 72 virgins.

Pretty good shooting for Canadians..though they Were from the Prarie
Provences and from what Ive heard..varmint shooters. Which works for
me.

"Well, gawlee, look at all that target area!"
--
pyotr filipivich.