Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
pyotr filipivich

Default OT - The Cost of War

You take one lousy week off to join Thorax at the Elvis concert, and this
is what happens: Gunner writes on Sun, 15 Jan 2006
17:07:27 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

So. You didn't get drafted, didn't go, and now are more qualified than Giap
to tell us what the_real_affect of Tet was on the North. I've read that
interview with Giap before, and Gunner did post what he said. That is not
revisionist history.

Garrett Fulton

Hawke..and most Lib-Leftists tend to deny the consequences of their
"good intentions". They love to feel good "Doing Something"© but
continually fail to look past the act at the consequences. Social
welfare..ie the Great Society is a perfect example. It turned at least
3 generations of people into slaves to the Nanny State and killed
millions here in the US.

The worse part is that there had been a culture process which dealt
with unwed mothers. Generally, the baby was raised by 'grandma & grandpa'
until either the child was 5, or the mother got pregnant a second time. At
which time, everybody said "It is time for you to settle down and get
married." [1]
Along came the great Society, and there was money for single unwed
mothers, and the cultural pressure to get married was eliminated. How can
your pressure someone to do something, if they can get money, food and
housing form somewhere else? We had soft hearted social workers with hard
heads, in those days, not soft hearted and soft headed ones as we do today.

tschus
pyotr

There is an old story of the Vermont town meeting, where one of the
citizens, having read the town report, takes note of the fact that the Town
had paid out $100 dollars for the delivery of Betsy Brown's baby. (I told
you,it was an old story.) "That is correct." And it says further that the
city did take in $150 in fines for Bobby Jones for having gotten her into
the family way without marrying here. "A-yup, that is correct." Seems the
town made a profit on the deal, and "I was a wondering if it might not be
time to breed her again?"

--
pyotr filipivich
Old farts these days - no like when I was a boy. We used to