Posted to alt.home.repair
tbl

Default Automatic Garage Door

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 16:06:16 GMT, Commodore Joe Redcloud©
wrote:

On 23 Dec 2005 06:05:53 -0800, "c_shah"
wrote:

Any reason to use white lithium based grease? What's difference between
WD 40 vs white lithium based grease?

That's like asking what's the difference between a duck and an
elephant. WD-40 is a solvent that is good for cleaning things. White
Lithium grease is a lubricant that will stay on the parts and continue
lubricating for a long time. As a lubricant, WD-40 is about as
effective as water, gasoline, or any other very thin liquid.

WD-40 has it's uses, but this definitely isn't one of them.

C___! I should've read your reply before posting my own.
--
tbl