Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
John \(NC\)

Default New to turning

I have been doing other woodworking for the best 5 yrs. and had seen so many
beautiful turnings posted on A.B.P.W that I thought I would like to learn to
do it. I decided to take a class at the local Woodcraft in both spindle and
bowl turning. It really helped (I still need a lot more practice) to learn
from and experienced turning. It also helped reading many of the posting
here. I took the advice and go the set of tools for spindle turning from
Harbor Freight and bowl turning from Penn State. They are good tools and
have been great to practice my sharpening skills. I need to turn a few more
small bowls that SWMBO likes and then maybe I can justify a better lathe,
chucks, and more time away from the kids.

Please checkout the pictures (alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking) and give me
some feedback.

Thanks,
John