Troy

Default Outside wiring: a long distance from house

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:41:18 +0100, Christian McArdle wrote:

I'm thinking of doing something similar - greenhouse heater for frost
protection this winter (only when needed). What would be the maximum power
I can *safely* take from the spur?

13A. This gives 3120W actual, or 2990W nominal. This depends on the circuit
you are spurring from having the balls. I wouldn't spur off a kitchen ring
main, which has lots of power hungry appliances attached. Best is a new
circuit with RCBO protection.

Thanks Christian. Looks like I'll be *well* below that - 2Kw heater not on
the highest setting so using around 1Kw. I was a bit concerned because
there is another (not high power) thingy connected to the same (double)
socket.

Thanks again.
--
Regards,