Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - The Cost of War

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:08:53 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Gus" wrote in message
roups.com...

Ed Huntress wrote:
'Too bad we didn't win. Then Vietnam could have been democratic and

no
more
Americans would have been killed...just like Iraq.

Furthermore, the commies wouldn't have swept SE Asia, Australia, and

Japan,
and then wound up putting us in a pincer with the USSR on the other

side.

If we'd only listened to you guys, we wouldn't be speaking Russian

today.

Who are "you guys"? Wasn't it the Democrats who got us into Vietnam?

Yeah, Democrats were in power at the time, but I don't recall

conservatives
objecting to the war. Do you remember any?

actually..yes .

And it's ironic that it's the conservatives today who blame the liberals

for
losing the war. The conservatives are ****ed off we lost, but they

usually
turn silent when someone asks what it was they thought they would have

won.

Ask me.

I have asked you, over a year ago. You were notably non-responsive the first
time.

So, what would we have won, had we won?

--
Ed Huntress