Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking
R.H.

Default What is it? XCVII

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 23:14:33 +1100, Jeff R wrote:
"R.H." wrote in message

A few more photos have been posted:

http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

560. Well, its a wooden sand casting pattern, but what of? The colour

code
is all mixed up, too. I though red was "to be machined", and the core

print
isn't yellow... (?)

I've got about 15 different types of sand casting patterns, and only a
couple of them are yellow on the inside, I guess different companies had
different color standards. Also, some of them are red and black, and others
are brown and black.

It looks like a negative for a vane pump rotor, or maybe a magnetron
anode.

I couldn't find any photos on the web of any of these that look like mine, I
was thinking that the red colored area was removed in the finished piece,
leaving the middle hollow.

Rob