Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Rayburn efficiency?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:03:36 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

Even like that, which we can do, they still have too high a glycaemic
load for me to eat more than a tiny amount, so typically we don't
bother with them.

But you SAID they were stodgy!

Anything like that which I can't eat much of I describe to myself as
stodgy so that I won't be tempted.

So you didn't mean that they were stodgy.

Hmm. That could lead to a lack of credibility in other posts ...

Mary

We periodically do an overnight roast in the simmering oven and it
always works very well. Obviously one should always thaw it first
and check with a meat thermometer and start and end of cooking. THat
is the case regardless of the method of cooking.

Why a thermometer?

In the case of meat, I don't like it to be overcooked, although
obviously in the case of pork or poultry, one has to be sure that it
is enough.

You mean you can't tell its condition by sight and resilience?

Generally I can but prefer not to take chances.

I was once given a meat thermometer. Most people try to give me food
related
presents, they know my passion. Because it was a present from someone I
loved I used it. I could see no value in it at all so it somehow became
lost
... as do many gadgets. They're simply not necessary.

--

.andy