Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default Hot water booster

wrote:

Thanks for the reply, John. I've been trying to get my head around
this, but I don't think it will make any sense until I see the flange
and pump together. Wish me luck!

Do a search for part number 7556 on
www.bes.ltd.uk - that might help it
make sense. Basically the hot water for the rest of the house goes up
the base of the flange and out of the side port, the water for the
shower comes up the dip pipe and out of the top port. This ensures the
shower (i.e. pumped) water gets takes from a little bit down from the
top of the cylinder and hopefully away from any accumulated air bubbles.

The shower pump will typically have push firt connections for ordinary
15 or 22mm pipe. These will usually be on the end of short rubber hoses
to help isolate any noise and vibration from the pump. So all you need
is a pipe from the top connection of the flange to the inlet side of the
pump.

--
Cheers,

John.