Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth

Default Rayburn efficiency?

Andy Hall wrote:
On 15 Jan 2006 10:09:23 -0800, wrote:

700W. Aga quote weekly gas consumption for a 4 oven model at 527kW
per week, yours seems to use much less. Aga quote the maximum power

Strewth 527kW per week? Our last (typical) gas bill is for 336kW per
QUARTER and we do a fair amount of cooking - not as much as some on
this thread but more than the average household I'd guess.

How do you heat the house?

Well, I don't know what they do, but our total energy consumption for a
five bedroomed Georgian pile of a house in the UK is 380kW a week,
that's electricity, LPG (for the cooker hob), oil and wood for central
heating and DHW. So you can see why we ditched the Aga, other than of
course the fact that the Aga is crap at cooking, unless one wishes to
eat a monotonous diet of toast and yet another slow cooked stew.

Agas, the cooker for people who actually believe all that Mills and Boon
crap.