Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On 15 Jan 2006 08:44:34 -0800, wrote:

This summer I shall be cooking outdoors in my home built stone bread
oven -but it won't be limited to bread. How many who think that an Aga is no
good would even understand that process? You think you might by Googling
perhaps but have you done it? I have. It's the most satisfying cooking there
is.

Mary

My favourite cooking is on an open fire between 2 stones - basically a
ground level barbeque. You need reasonable weather and a supply of
booze also. We did it a lot when we lived in a primitive cottage in
Wales and all we had was a Rayburn. Our kids grew up thinking that's
what everybody did!

Good thing too. THey should... :-)

--

..andy