Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:34:25 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I'm not sure why people eat stodgy rubbish like steamed puddings
anyway,

Oh Andy! Steamed puddings are anything BUT stodgy - they're light and airy
(if made properly) and I wish I could afford to eat them more often. Nothing
todo with finances - the waistline you understand ...

Even like that, which we can do, they still have too high a glycaemic
load for me to eat more than a tiny amount, so typically we don't
bother with them.

We periodically do an overnight roast in the simmering oven and it
always works very well. Obviously one should always thaw it first
and check with a meat thermometer and start and end of cooking. THat
is the case regardless of the method of cooking.

Why a thermometer?

In the case of meat, I don't like it to be overcooked, although
obviously in the case of pork or poultry, one has to be sure that it
is enough.

--

..andy