Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:30:33 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Well, that's enough reading. Matthew Fort (whoever he is) obviously doesn't
understand about roasting meat and baking Yorkshire. Perhaps he's a
southerner.

Writes for the Guardian - that's even worse :-)

Actually I don't, I know. And it's not difficult - if you know what you're
doing. People who need to know that an oven is 125C or some other precise
temperature must be cooking straight from Cooking for Dummies by Ms Smith or
Master
Oliver. I learned to cook from my mother and later at school - a very long
time ago. My skill is based on understanding food and processes and being
able to use an oven is a very small part of that.

Exactly.

This summer I shall be cooking outdoors in my home built stone bread
oven -but it won't be limited to bread. How many who think that an Aga is no
good would even understand that process? You think you might by Googling
perhaps but have you done it? I have. It's the most satisfying cooking there
is.

What else are you planning to cook in it?

I suppose in part, this is the same notion as pizza being better from
a proper wood fired oven.?

--

..andy