Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Rayburn efficiency?

On 15 Jan 2006 08:23:56 -0800, wrote:

Anyway Andy, nobody would argue that you like your Aga and I'm sure you
can cook on it really well. But where you are p*ing into the wind is in
suggesting that they are in any way economical or practical. Don't let
that spoil your enjoyment.
Steam traction engines attract enthusiasts who spend many harmless
hours having innocent fun with them but nobody suggests that they are a
practical alternative to a modern vehicle.

I don't see it in that way.

Essentially, it's an energy store that I can heat cheaply and which
adds to the space heating. The cooking is effectively free.

In terms of practicality, again no real problems by any way of
measuring that I can think of. For example, if anything, I need to
spend less time standing at the Aga than I did at the hob.

Could be wrong here though - any minute now some bearded old chaps in
boiler suits could be angrily stabbing at their laptops with oily
fingers!

:-)

cheers
Jacob
PS Come to think when I had a solid fuel Rayburn a boiler suit was an
essential accessory - do they come with the kit if you buy a new one?

Interesting point. You do get a pack of cleaning materials and a
brush though :-)

--

..andy