Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Demanding Home Insurance Companies

insurance hassles are on the rise. a couple friends had these troubles.
one required his outdoor steps repaired and add a railing, his porches
rebuilt, wood rotted, and his knob and tube wiring replaced.

another friend lost their insurance because the roof was bad. their
mortage company put in forced place insurance at 4 times the cost, 1500
bucks for structure only. unfortunately they had a fire and no coverage
for their possesions, most of which were ruined, and no coverage for a
place to live during repairs. the fire did over a $100,000 damage.

indoor fiberglass oil tanks must be inside a steel shell to prevent
punctures...

oil leaks are serious and can lead to fires and environmental damage,
costing big bucks.

insurance companies have the right, written into the policy to inspect
your home at any time. I guess its in our best interest but sometimes
you dont have the bucks