Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

Default Replacing and installing ceiling fans in an exposed indoor ceiling beam

Wiremold channel would only have been used if the conduit had to be exposed
and visible. If they were able to conceal the wiring behind something, it's
probably just a cable

"Adam Preble" wrote in message
I wanted to update the thread. I've been looking at the existing ceiling
fan for the longest time and I think I finally figured out what they did to
wire it . . . after posting on the Internet.

My original description of the beam is wrong. It isn't at the apex of the
ceiling. Rather, it's about halfway up. So you'd have one side of the
beam more exposed than the other, right? Well, on the side with more
exposed, it looks like they had boards running across that jut out off the
beam. I'm betting they're running wires behind it.

I'll have to see if this is that channel material that has been mentioned
already. Given 2/2 suggested that, I would imagine so.