Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default cleaning ac

Just put him in your kill file.

"CJT" wrote in message
Al Moran wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:55:59 -0600, "stevie" wrote:

what is the best way to clean the coils on outside ac unit? it is a

Trane
XL1200 installed in 1989 and still runs ok.

do i need to remove the sides and/or the top to clean, or can i just

hose it

from the outside without removing any of the panels?

A good sand blasting will do the trick. After you're done with that,
make sure you change the thermostsat.

is that an (unsuccessful) attempt at humor?