Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Demanding Home Insurance Companies

I've never heard of an insurance company requiring things like that, but
it's common for a mortgage company to do it. Some mortgage companies even
have written into their contract that a heater must be inspected yearly.

"Handi" wrote in message
I've heard of experiences from family & friends of retaining or
obtaining home insurance for their properties here in Canada. Is the same
true in the USA? Is it a trend?

When I bought my home I had to provide proof of the age and condition

of
the furnace oil tank before I could get an insurance policy. My mother

was
threatened twice by her home insurance company of cancellation if she

didn't
replace furnace oil tank and her roof.

I know they are trying to protect their losses but should they be able
to threaten their customers like this?

Handi