Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Default Bandsaw blade sharpening

Andy Dingley wrote:
There's also the problem that a small workshop bandsaw bends its blade
round a sharper radius and runs with a higher tension/area on the blade,
all of which increases fatigue in the band itself, causing the band to
break not too long after the teeth are wearing.

Although I'm sure it's _possible_ to re-sharpen bandsaw blades for small
workshop bandsaws, I really can't see the economics of it working out.

I usually get 3 or 4 sharpenings out of a Viking 3TPI blade on a Delta
14" bandsaw.

These blades are designed to run at low tension. I have had much less
trouble with broken blades than before I started using them.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers