Posted to rec.woodworking
Wilson

Default How to fix old sanding belts?

I'd share the experience with the manufacturer. They may take pity on you.
Gorilla glue?
Wilson
"Richard" wrote in message
ups.com...
Folks, it has been ~ 10 years since I have been active in my
woodworking shop, for a variety of reasons, and recently I tried using
some of my sanding belts and had them all separate at the joint. These
were brand new belts (10 years ago) and the ravages of being in a hot
Houston TX garage have probably taken their toll on the adhesive.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or had tried using some
adhesive on sand belts that had separated at the joint? Is this a
common problem? I hate to toss these belts, as they were very good
zironium aluminate belts, and they have not been used, but don't work
in their present condition.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated, Thanks so much!!