Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Hoo Ha - OT - Lost Treasure Found, And More

"Charles Self" wrote in message

"Swingman" wrote in message

Color me obtuse, but I have a similar HP can-opener and I am still

trying
visualize putting one or more of these small, cardboard framed slides on
the
scanning bed and coming out with a usable sized picture/jpg that would

be
high enough resolution to view/print?

It could be because I have never attempted doing it, but what am I
missing?

There is a light above the scanning bed, too, and the slides fit into a
frame that positions them properly, but there is still NO way to adjust

for
possible film warp over the years until you get to a film scanner.

Finally, some useful information!

Although I have never tried it, I couldn't imagine that simply laying 35mm
slides on the type of flatbed scanner under discussion would be the complete
process to obtain something useful.

I was aware that there were "services" that would do this for a fee, but
that fee has always appeared a bit steep for what I wanted to do ...
starting to think it may be actually be a bargain.

Thanks for the insight.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05