Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Default OT - The Cost of War

Ed Huntress wrote:
"Gus" wrote in message
ups.com...

That's kind of the way I remember it too. The North Vietnamese could
never defeat the US military on the battle field but they could defeat
us at home in our own public opinion. (with a little help from their
friends in the US media) Of course, in 1968 I wasn't too concerned
about politics because the Marine Corps was taking all my time.
GW

Gee, Gus, even though it was a Democrat war, it sounds like you really kind
of favored it, huh?

Well you know, Democrats in the 60's were not all that different from
Republicans today. At that time I considered myself somewhat of a Scoop
Jackson type Democrat. I don't think that I have changed all that much
but I sure do think that the Democrats of today have swung way off to
the left.

Hey, how about those Seahawks!

GW