Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Buy_Sell

Default Plasma Cutter - An Expert Please!

I think that we all know that the plasma cutter is the tool that you
need for this job.
There is a lower cost alternative that might be able to meet your
needs.

Download the demonstration movie at the following website and decide
for yourself.

http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/info_...hick_steel.htm

PS: I own both a plasma cutter and the Henrob torch. The plasma can
do a better job but I don't knock the Henrob's abilities. The Henrob
is more portable and doesn't require any electricity. It is also
substantially lower cost than purchasing a plasma cutter.

John Jan 13, 1:38 pm

Hi All,

I'm semi retired & take in odd engineering jobs.

The latest to come up causes a bit of a problem, I cant do part of it
with my existing equipment!

The job wont make that much profit, so its not worth investing more
than
$1000 in equipment to do it.

It will come up with VERY short lead times and MUST be done on time, so
I cant outsource it.

The jobs a bit difficult to describe, but...

Imagine a piece of a jigsaw puzzle.
Some of the pieces are about 3 inches square and some around 25 inches
square.
Some of the edges are curves like a puzzle piece, and some a straight
and meet in a 'V'
Some of the pieces are 3mm thick and some 6mm thick.
The accuracy required isnt that great, the example of a jigsaw puzzle
would be about right for the accuracy and finish required.

The only idea that springs to mind is a manual plasma cutter and use a
template to cut around.

But I've never used a plasma cutter. If it would do the job, its within
my budget.

Will this work?

Many Thanks for any help or ideas

John