Posted to uk.d-i-y
sponix

Default flushing central heating - more questions

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:40:13 +0000 (UTC), John Kelly
wrote:

My second question is... Is this cleaner/inhibitor stuff okay where
there's a plastic joint? A plumber came round to fix a leak and put a
plastic joint in on one of the pipes under the floor. Is this bad? I've
never liked plastic but unfortunately I wasn't around when he did it and
the whole thing was fixed, paid for and refloored before I had anything
to say about it.

Wickes own brand stuff will probably do the job fine. If you want
Fernox then B&Q sell it.

I'm sure it'll be fine with plastic, however, check the back of the
bottle..if it's not OK it will say so.

For ease of sue you can get fernox in tubes that you squirt into a
radiator via the bleed valve. It's more expensive than the normal
stuff but far easier than going into the loft:

http://www.fernox.com/

sponix