Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Steve Firth

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

Doctor Drivel wrote:

"Steve Firth" fresh from kicking **** wrote in
message ...
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I am not here to win the arguments. I am here to tell you what I know,
because I thought you might be interested, and to listen to what others
say, because I am interested. Except Drivel of coures - after an
agonising
30 seconds when I balanced the amusement of watching his dribbles,
against
the waste of time responding to them, I kill filed him.

I'll end up kill filing you if you keep insisting that your experience
with building models scales to automotive use.

You clearly are thick.

Says the man unable to make a clean cut with a hacksaw.

A battery well is a battery.

No, a battery well is a battery well. It's where we put the batteries on
boats. If you mean "a battery is a battery irrespective of size" then
you are wrong again. Stack individuals cells together in batteries and
as the battery size grows, cooling becomes an issue. A large battery is
not the same as a small battery simply because there is a different
surface to volume ratio. As you rearrange the cells in a large battery
to maintain the same surface to colume ratio, then energy density falls.

BTW, I expect all of this to go over your pointy little head.

Most prototypes are in models anyway.

Bull****.