Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,misc.consumers.house
Mr_Bill

Default York vs. Luxaire vs. Keeprite vs. ??? Furnace

FWIW, I put in a 92% Trane 3 yrs ago and have had no
problems. At that time, I tried to research furnace reliability,
but it is tough because it takes a while for problems to surface.

For example, Lennox had a big problem for a while with
cracking heat exchangers. I presume that they have that
fixed. Anyway, 3 years ago, I convinced myself that Carrier
and Trane were the best and roughly equivalent, and that
Lennox, York, Rheem, and Ruud were at least one cut below.

In Ontario, I have to believe that a 92% furnace is worth it,
even if the maintenance is higher. What's your annual
heating bill? 10% of that must be a fair chunk of change.

However you go, get a 2 speed furnace (i.e. with a 2 stage
burner, and variable speed fan). The lower speed is very quiet.

Bill