Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress

Default OT - The Cost of War

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:30:15 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote in message
In recent years the previous leaders of the north stated in no

uncertain
terms
that the TET was their last gasp. If it didn't run them off then the

North
would be dead. It was that close. News and Politics being driven by

Yellow news
turned out to be the guilty one.

It was one of those chilling interviews that I forced myself to listen.

Just about like the chilling war series on WWII.

'Too bad we didn't win. Then Vietnam could have been democratic and no

more
Americans would have been killed...just like Iraq.

Furthermore, the commies wouldn't have swept SE Asia, Australia, and

Japan,
and then wound up putting us in a pincer with the USSR on the other side.

If we'd only listened to you guys, we wouldn't be speaking Russian today.

Your satire is so wrong on so many levels...its a masterpiece Ed.
Bravo.

Except it falls down as satire on one key point, Gunner: It happens to be
the unvarnished truth.

You really should consider submitting a resume to the DNC as a staff
writer.

Wait a minute, didn't Gus just say Vietnam was a Democrat war? That must
mean you were opposed to it, right?

--
Ed Huntress