Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default lead inspection holding up house insurance

"Levon" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm trying to change house insurance companies and The Hartford (the
new company) says I need to have my rental unit tested for lead paint
by a qualified lead inspector and then send the insurance company a
copy of the official inspection report.

I'd want that done too. OK if it is your family, but with a rental and the
potential for lawsuits, any insurance company would want some evidence of
lead free. How old is the house? If it is pre-1978 it may have lead, if it
is pre 1960 it most likely has or had lead. If it is pre 1950, you can bet
it did. If it was professionally abated, a certificate may be all that is
needed.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/