Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Need New Dryer

"Bryan" wrote in message
If it's an option, do I want a gas or an electric dryer (and why)?

In most every case, gas is cheaper to operate. That would be my first
choice. Thee may be exceptions, but my new electri rate is .169 kWh and
going up antoher 5% in April.

Wife tends to overload washing machine and loads dryer with oversized bath
towels.

That can be costly. The dryer needs room to tumble hte load for best
eficiency. Have her pay the electric bill and she may change her habits.

Any brands and models that you regret not buying or that you have and
wouldn't live without?

My old Maytag is 24 years old, bt I've been hearing stories that they are
not as well made today.

Just did a quick viewing of Sears and it looks like dryers are going to
cost $1000; any way to get a great dryer at a great price?

Sure, buy another brand at a local store. Sears is not the best priced
anything, IMO. Local dealers mostly belowg to buyers co-ops now and sell at
about the same price as the big store, and offer better service.. Good
dryers run about $500 and up.