Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bob Becker

Default How long does it take?

"Mike Paulson" wrote in message
I give much the same spiel, but you know those people are always doing the
numbers in their head to figure your hourly wage so I always add a bit
about how I would make pretty good money if I could keep it all, but the
gallery takes half, there are show fees, equipment expense, paying my own
insurance, self-employment taxes, etc, until what's left to pay for my
time isn't a lot.

Personally, I wouldn't feel obligated to justify anything.
It's art.
There's talent involved.
How can you price that?

If someone wants to buy a piece, they'll pay what you ask.
If not, they won't.

Why price an object using time as a standard?