Posted to rec.woodworking
Charles Self

Default Hoo Ha - OT - Lost Treasure Found, And More

"Swingman" wrote in message
"New Wave Dave" wrote in message

What's the best way to go about scanning those old 35mm slides? I've
got
tons of them from 40 years ago I'd like to archive.

I've got an Epson Stylus PHOTO RX600, one of those all-in-one
printer, copier, scanner, fax, [coffee maker, and electric shaver]. It
does a passable job on scans and I can trick them out somewhat with
PhotoShop. But, certainly there are more task-specific scanners that
might do a more professional job.

Howdy Dave,

Color me obtuse, but I have a similar HP can-opener and I am still trying
visualize putting one or more of these small, cardboard framed slides on
the
scanning bed and coming out with a usable sized picture/jpg that would be
high enough resolution to view/print?

It could be because I have never attempted doing it, but what am I
missing?

There is a light above the scanning bed, too, and the slides fit into a
frame that positions them properly, but there is still NO way to adjust for
possible film warp over the years until you get to a film scanner.