Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Hoo Ha - OT - Lost Treasure Found, And More

Swingman wrote:
"New Wave Dave" wrote in message

What's the best way to go about scanning those old 35mm slides? I've
got
tons of them from 40 years ago I'd like to archive.

I've got an Epson Stylus PHOTO RX600, one of those all-in-one
printer, copier, scanner, fax, [coffee maker, and electric shaver]. It
does a passable job on scans and I can trick them out somewhat with
PhotoShop. But, certainly there are more task-specific scanners that
might do a more professional job.

Howdy Dave,

Color me obtuse, but I have a similar HP can-opener and I am still trying to
visualize putting one or more of these small, cardboard framed slides on the
scanning bed and coming out with a usable sized picture/jpg that would be
high enough resolution to view/print?

It could be because I have never attempted doing it, but what am I missing?

He didn't say he was enlarging pictures. Scan at
300 dpi and print same size as original and just
about any scanner should do a good job. Scan at
300 dpi and a 3x5 will require 900 pixels by 1500
pixels to display on a screen.