Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
carl mciver

Default "Dual drill" -- opinions? experience?

"tonyp" wrote in message

| Saw this thing advertised on (late night) TV yesterday.

https://www.tvgoods.com/carts/dualdr...1&k=dual%20dri
ll

| It's a cordless drill with a 2-chuck turret on it. It _seems_ like a good
| idea: drill bit in one chuck, driver bit in the other, for instance.
Flip
| from one to the other to install a bunch of woodscrews quickly, say.
|
| I never saw such a thing before, and I wonder why they're advertising on
TV
| specifically. Is this a totally new thing, or just new to the home-owner
| market?
|
| Does anybody here own one? If so, is it _worth_ $140 or so? Is there an
| industrial version? And who _is_ "Mansfield Power Tools"?
|
| Like I say, it _seems_ like a good idea ...
|
| -- TP

I have an inexpensive cordless drill whose chuck comes off to expose a
two inch hex drive bit. Takes up a whole lot less space and worth a whole
lot more to me than that. It was a good bit less than $120, too!