Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM^3

Default "Dual drill" -- opinions? experience?

"tonyp" wrote in message

Saw this thing advertised on (late night) TV yesterday.

https://www.tvgoods.com/carts/dualdr...k=dual%20drill

It's a cordless drill with a 2-chuck turret on it. It _seems_ like a good
idea: drill bit in one chuck, driver bit in the other, for instance.
Flip
from one to the other to install a bunch of woodscrews quickly, say.

I never saw such a thing before, and I wonder why they're advertising on
TV
specifically. Is this a totally new thing, or just new to the home-owner
market?

Does anybody here own one? If so, is it _worth_ $140 or so? Is there an
industrial version? And who _is_ "Mansfield Power Tools"?

Like I say, it _seems_ like a good idea ...

-- TP

A good idea? I, for one, don't think so.

Consider: for the money you'd spend on this bizarre masterpiece of consumer
consumption you can buy 2 (perhaps more) equivalent cordless drills that
would enable you to work twice as long between battery charges or 1 REALLY
GOOD drill that'd hold up 10 times as long and do more than twice the work.

IMO it's just another gimmick in the same class as all of the other
Informercial Specials - you know what I mean.