Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Alistair J Murray

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

Doctor Drivel dribbled:
"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of
senile flatulence wrote in message
In article , John
Wright wrote:

[...]

I doubt that. We new ten years ago that Lean Burn was just round
the corner. What rabbits can we pull out of the hat now?

Well, you could start with the post at the top of this thread...
;-)

Indeedy!

As I said it is crap and overcomplex.

It's substantialy less complex than some of the things you've pointed to.

What have BMW ever some up with that advanced things?

Throttleless petrol engines, free flow metallic exhaust catalysts (with
ALPINA and EMITEC), sequential turbocharging (with ALPINA and Steyr)...

....and that's just the efficiency boosting stuff.

BMW is very much an engineering driven company.