Posted to alt.home.repair
bill allemann

Default cordless drill question

It's mainly for deep pilot holes into wood with drillbits at .125" or so.
I was using an old hammer drill that went up to 3200 rpms and
it was much better at clearing chips out of the bit than the slower
drills. The downside was that the hammer drill was heavy,
and now it has died altogether.

"David Efflandt" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, bill allemann
wrote:
does anyone know of a good quality cordless drill (don't need hammer
function) that gets up to maybe 3000 rpm or so.
A smaller chuck would be OK.
It seemed like most are under 2000 rpms

I thought my 3-range variable speed 12V Dewalt was fast enough, but it
only goes up to 1800 rpm.

What are you trying to do? For something small and high speed, would a
variable speed Dremel tool do? Cheaper battery operated ones do 15,000
rpm and newer ones can to 30k rpm on battery like corded models.