Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Amana vs Rheem Heat Pump

I didn't say that Goodman didn't use some scroll compressors. I said that
Rheem/Ruud was the first company to install them in every unit, included 10
seer units. They did this starting in about 1989, which shows their
commitment to quality. As everyone knows, the scroll compress is far
superior to any other compressor.
IMO, Goodman is junk, but you certainly have a right to defend your company
and what they install. I just think you should not read something into my
statement that simply was not there.

"Kathy" wrote in message
. ..

"komobu" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All;

I currently reside in Korea but have a home in Va

that I am renting out
while I am overseas.I have been reading multiple

posts about the
equipment not being near as important as the

installer. I can
understand that concept. I also have read

multiple threads about how
Goodman is crap.

Don't believe everything those 2 guys say about
Goodman. Goodman also uses the Copeland scroll
compressor in 14 seer units. Maybe even 13seer but
my company doesn't usually mess with anything but
high efficiency. Make sure you compare apples to
apples. Janitrol is discontinued. Amana is a hard
warranty to deal with even tho it is administrated
out of the same building as Goodman. Goodman is
easy to deal with and the 10 year warranty is
inexpensive and transferable if you sell the home.