Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull

Default OT - The Cost of War

In article ,
Gunner wrote:

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 17:40:54 -0600, Jon Elson
wrote:

Back in 1968, I knew something had gone terribly wrong in Vietnam, even
before there was anything on the news about the Tet offensive, because we
lived a dozen blocks from Walter Reed Army Medical Center. All of
a sudden, one morning, CH-47 helicopters started buzzing over our house
every 15 minutes all day. We usually had 3 flights a week back then.
News seems a lot harder to come by, now!

Jon

You mean the Tet Offensive that the Leftist Media portrayed as a
terrible defeat for the US, when in actuality..it spelled the
decimation of the Viet Cong, and would have forced the North to terms,
if it wasnt for the Media giving them much needed support?

That would not have forced the North to terms, the loss of people was of
no concern to them. Insurgents are willing to take losses forever and
will fight another hundred years to get unconditional victory.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/