Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan

Default leak in bathtub drain line

Hi,

I have a top-floor condo and recently found out that the bathtub in our
guest bathroom is leaking onto the ceiling of our downstairs
neighbor's bathroom immediately below it (very noticeable drip).

I tried isolating the cause of the drip and found that it only happened
when water runs down the drain.

This may be a silly question, but does anyone have any suggestions on
what I could try from within my unit, without having to open the
ceiling in my neighbors unit?

It seems to be a plunger style drain if that helps.

I'm pretty sure the condo complex's master policy would cover the work,
but at the same time I love doing projects around the house and hope to
have a go at it first.

Thanks in advance,

Dan