Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wireing a duct fan into a basic US 110V outlet

On 13 Jan 2006 06:46:51 -0800, wrote:

Great thanks alot guys for the input, I figured a plug would work, but
I was nervous about starting a fire from my lack of electrical
understanding.

I was hoping to adviod a switched outlet, what would be the max amp
rating you would concider "safe" when doing this?

If you are having this much trouble putting a plug on it, either hire
an electrician, or take the fan to a reputable hardware store and see
if they will do it for a few bucks. You can also take the fan to an
electrician and I'm sure it wont cost much if they dont have to travel
to your place. I always tey to help people DIY, but you seem far too
uncomfortable and lacking in expreience. Get some help. Maybe you
have a handy friend or relative that can help too. Spend a few bucks
and prevent a major fire or electricution.