Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door center support

With the door UP, there is not much tension on the springs. Block the
door up with 2x4s.
DO NOT use a LAG screw. Use a BOLT with large washers.
Problem solved....

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:55:08 -0800, "Bill"
wrote:

The center support (On the opposite side the spring tensioned) pulled the
lag screw out of the 4X6 wood piece it was screwed into. It pivoted up, and
pretty much jammed the door. I called the guys who repaired the door last
spring (Replaced the spring) and they can't get to it for at least a week.
Looks like I am going to have to do the job myself. I have worked on garage
doors before but I don't relish the idea of working with that damn spring. I
have the tools, need some advise.
Thanks
Bill