Posted to alt.home.repair
Al Kondo

Default Floor tiling question, Between room transitions

I am in the process of tiling my kitchen and living room. I am using
porcelain tile. My problem is that I am using cement board on plywood
in my kitchen as a base, but my living room has a concrete slab. In
the living room, I plan to tile directly onto the slab. My problem is
that I will have a quarter inch height differential between the tiles
in my kitchen vs. that of the living room. I have found threshold
pieces at Home Depot which will allow for the quarter inch difference
in height. However, I wondered if there were other ways of handling
this little problem. Your ideas will be appreciated.

Al Kondo