Posted to rec.woodworking
Oleg Lego

Default Centering router on table base

The J T entity posted thusly:

Thu, Jan 12, 2006, 11:04pm (EST-1) (Oleg*Lego)
doth spread his tale of woe thusly:
**********What I did was drill a hole in the middle
of the table, for the bit to go thru.
OK, but I am trying to attach the router to a table base (Freud
Universal Table Base). I guess you might call it an insert. It requires
a rectangular hole in the table top, with a step/ledge. I managed to
mount the base on the table. snippeth

Now maybe you are starting to realize some of many reasons some of
us prefer to make our own router table(s). We can do it our way, not
someone else's way.

I must not be making myself clear. The problem is not with the
purchased table base/insert. It is with the router base that has a
weird nonstandard size central hole that provided no common alignment
possibilities. I had no problem at all mounting the table base/insert
to the tabletop.

In fact, I am trying to do it "my way", but my way includes allowing
the mounting of guide bushings to the table. I gather from dadiOH's
post, that this is not always done.