Frank Watson

Default How to make one CH radiator come on and off at set times

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:11:13 +0100, "Mike Faithfull"
wrote:

"BigWallop" wrote in message

"Frank Watson" wrote in message
How to make one CH radiator come on and off at set times?
Ideally, I guess I'd like a TRV with a built-in timer - but I guess
that might be unlikely..

So what is the cheapest, simplest way to do it? It's for a bathroom
rad, which I only need on for a couple of hours in the morning.

Thank you

Frank

Hi Frank,

A motorised valve run from a separate timer switch would do the job. The
valve would be fitted to the pipe supplying that one rad' and be connected
to a nearby power supply. You'd only need to use the motor supply and

leave
out the micro-switch connections.

I can see how such an arrangement could turn the rad OFF when everything
else was working,

Why not? You can turn a radiator off manually, so it must be equally
feasable to turn it off osing a motorised valve, no?

but .... What about the boiler controls? And are you
expecting this one radiator to have its own individual circuit complete with
pump from the boiler? Doesn't sound very practical ...

Why would a raditor need it's own individual cirquit before it can be
turned on and off?

Frank